Factors Determining Enterprise Shift Behavior among Smallholder Cocoa Farmers in the Mpohor-Wassa East District in the Western Region of Ghana
作者: Moses Kwadzo
刊名: Journal of Economics and Sustainable Development, 2015
来源数据库: International Institute of Science, Technology and Education
原始语种摘要: Recent cutting of cocoa trees and the shifting of farm resources to only rubber cultivation among smallholder cocoa farmers particularly in the Western Region of Ghana has raised great concern. It is important to examine factors influencing enterprise-shift behavior among smallholder cocoa farmers. Interview schedules were administered to all smallholders of rubber plantation famers registered under the Ghana Rubber Estates Limited (GREL)’s out-grower scheme at Mpohor. 150 smallholder cocoa farmers (except 35 absent) were interviewed for the study. Data were analyzed using descriptive statistics and logit regression. About 73% of smallholder cocoa farmers were found to be shifting from cocoa to only rubber cultivation while the remaining 27% engage in both cocoa and rubber cultivation....
全文获取路径: 科学、技术和教育国际协会 
分享到:

×
关键词翻译
关键词翻译
  • enterprise 企业
  • cocoa 可可果
  • logit 分对数
  • cultivation 栽培
  • prices 行情
  • rubber 橡胶
  • statistics 统计
  • economic 经济的
  • descriptive 描述的
  • shift 变位