Collaborative learning has long been done in the field of language learning. Collaborative learning is one of the characteristics of student-centered learning. Students are actively engaged in activities in which the teacher acts as the facilitator. Different from a teacher-centered classroom, the teacher gives instructions and students have to do what is instructed by the teacher. One of the applications of collaborative learning is working in groups or what is commonly known as group work. This study deals with collaborative work involving peer consultations done by twenty second-year students in an Academic Writing class. The students were required to analyze journal articles in groups of two or three. Data was gathered from journals submitted at the end of the semester, which was the... Compact Semester of the 2018/2019 Academic Year. There were two questions to be answered in this research. The first question was “How is a Collaborative Peer-Consulted Text Analysis (CPCTA) applied in an Academic Writing class, in ELEP at UKSW?” The second question was “What are students’ perceptions about the collaborative peer-consulted text analysis?” The aim of this study was to show how a Collaborative Peer-Consulted Text Analysis (CPCTA) was applied in an Academic Writing course, and what students’ perceptions were. Data was also gathered from observations and interviews with two students. The findings showed that 90% of the students (18 students) liked working in small groups. The reason mentioned by most of the students was because of the partners. The rest (10%) admitted that they did not like group work because they got partners whom they did not feel comfortable to work with and because of unfulfilled expectations. This study can hopefully be useful both for students and teachers of writing courses who are trying to apply a collaborative peer-consulted text analysis for their students.